Wednesday 13 January 2016

February Already?

No, no, not really!!


But the February issue of Popular Patchwork is out now, and I have 2 projects in this issue.

Popular Patchwork Feb'16 - Cathedral Windows Cushion


This is my Cathedral Windows cushion, made in Essex linen and Heather Ross. Mustard and purple might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I really love this colour combo!

Cathedral Windows Cushion

If you've attempted Cathedral Windows before, you will know about the 'fiddle factor'!  Fiddly ironing, fiddly folding and fiddly sewing!!  But I'm pleased to say the Essex linen behaved beautifully!

Cathedral Windows Cushion

This is one of those patchwork techniques where the results definitely make the process so worth while!  My advice? Don't rush it!

My 2nd PP project will be a separate post and link up.

Keep sewing!

Jude xo

5 comments:

  1. I rathe love this, and really like the added button detail too. The cathedral window has been on my must sew list for ages but I have been put off by the fiddle factor and it seems to use a lot of fabric too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just found your blog today - it is wonderful! This particular project is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo