Thursday 10 December 2015

Peek-A-Boo Birdie!

My classes finished last night for Christmas, and we had a little Secret Santa exchange at break time!

Porthole Dumpling Pouch

I made this little porthole dumpling, with some precious diminishing Kaufman 'Double Happiness' fabric.

Porthole Dumpling Pouch

The outer fabrics are leftover Irish linens from a quilt I made recently.  I love the contrast in textures between the Irish linen and the Kaufman cotton.

Porthole Dumpling Pouch

It may be small, but I was able to stuff some sewing notions inside, and I think this particular Secret Santa got it right!

2 more Secret Santa gifts still to make though!  Better get a shimmy on!

Linking up with Scraptastic Tuesday!

Jude xo

10 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely way to make this bag look special and different. I'm ashamed to say I may well be pinching this idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judith, this is most adorable! I think now it's time for me to try your porthole method. I have the patchwork magazine with your tutorial! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so cute! And I love that it's called a dumpling pouch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is an adorable little dumpling !

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute, what a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect, I would be delighted to receive something like this as a secret Santa gift. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo