Tuesday 13 October 2015

Scrappy Scissors Cozy!


My scrappy project for this month are scissor cozies!

Scissors cozy

The genius behind this clever pouch is my lovely friend Svetlana! She has a brilliant eye for shape, design, colour and style! And very generously shares lots of tutorials on her blog!

Scissors cozy

For this pouch, I dipped into my large 'sweetie jar' of leftover half square triangles and just randomly sewed a low volume triangle to a coloured print!

Scissors cozy

And this one got the EPP treatment, using up small red scraps with leftover Essex linen (black) pieces to create a diamond/harlequin piece.

Scissors cozy

I think these pouches would make great presents for those who love to sew.  You could even keep a rotary cutter or two in them!

I highly recommend this pattern from Svetlana - in fact all her patterns are clearly written and easy to follow!

Linking up with the Queens of Scraps, Nicky and Leanne!

Jude xo

6 comments:

  1. What a fun and different kind of a pouch - love your HSTs - so colorful. Especially love the pink bikes :)

    Visiting from Scraptastic Tuesday
    www.mell-meyer.de

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! How do those clever people come up with new cute ideas so often?! I especially love your essex-diamont-version! Thank you for sharing, I am off to visit Svetlana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew I needed a scissor cosy, but obviously now I know they exist I really do need one or two.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you have promoted Leanne and I to royalty! Thanks! Love love love your red EPP cosy! Great idea for a pressie! Thanks for linking up to #Scraptastictuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. muito lindo,um acabamento perfeito!!Adoro!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo