Friday 4 September 2015

Dresden Sunburst Quilt

After 1.5 hours in the dentist's chair this morning, I gave myself a gentler work schedule this afternoon.  Making & attaching bias binding (all will become clear soon!).

In the meantime, I thought I'd show you something else I've been working on this week.

Dresden Sunburst

In keeping with my 'dresden' theme this summer, I made the Missouri Star Quilt Company's Dresden Sunburst pattern.

This pattern uses a layer cake and background yardage.  I used the oh so pretty Rambling Rose collection by Sandy Gervais, available from Quilter's Quest.

These prints really 'speak' to my love of all things vintagey - I even love the brown!!

Dresden Sunburst

As usual I went off pattern a bit and used the leftover pieces from the layer cake to piece borders and fill the central negative space with an EPP mini dresden.

This quilt is now receiving the magical long-arm treatment (squeeeee!). Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Tonight I lit the fire (2nd one this week, brrrrr!) and settled myself down with some hand sewing binding!

Hope you've had a fab Friday!

Jude xo

6 comments:

  1. I believe brown is making a come back, it is with me at the minute. A couple of brown things to do. I love your Dresden plate, I love doing the paper piecing but am crap at the circles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty J. Putting the little dresden in the negative space was a great idea - really makes a feature of the centre.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love a dresden. I particularly like the centre white sunburst effect, I haven't seen anything like this before. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your Dresden plates xx I always love a scrappy quilt ... and this is such a good way to organise scraps

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful, Judith! I love the contrast of the Dresden plates against that soft yellow background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One and a half hours in the dentist chair? I'm surprised you were fit for anything after that! Love the Dresdens!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo