Wednesday 24 September 2014

Anyone for Tea?

I somehow got a bit of sneaky sewing time in this week, despite nursing a sick child, physio, teaching, GCSE prep, worrying about Uni daughter (caught up in a bomb scare at her Halls!) and all the other headless chicken stuff that makes up my week!

AND IT'S ONLY WEDNESDAY! (at the time of writing).

Tea Bag Wallets

This is the first lot of pre-Christmas stock that will eventually go into my sister's salon, 12 cute teabag wallets. 

Having everything pre-cut definitely makes it easier to sew these up in an evening.

Tea Bag Wallets

I also made a few of Ayumi's style teabag pouch, using Essex yarn died linen and scraps!  These are a little more time consuming to make (even with simplifying the pattern), and only hold 3 tea bags each.  But they fold up nicely and are compact enough to fit into a handbag (haven't quite got the hang of centering the elastic loop on these ones!).

So next on the list will be flex frame pouches! All cut out and ready to go!

I just need the hamster wheel to stop for a bit and let me get some sewing done!

Stiff drink anyone?

Jude xo


13 comments:

  1. Very cute selection. I love these little wallets as gifts, I'm sure they'll be popular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very sweet Jude. I've made them in the past as gifts and they alwats go down very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a good idea you have here especially like the tiny ones for 3 tea bags.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Tea-Bags are a great gift, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness a bomb scare sounds v scary indeed! These are lovely and I hope you get some more selfish sewing time soon xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A bomb scare, not usually on the worry list!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get where you're coming from.. Sign me up for the drink :-) cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to come over for a cup of tea, a natter and I would help you cut fabric for the mass production. I hope they sell like hot cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. impressive my deary, impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laura got caught up in an "armed intruder" scare, on campus, whilst in Chicago. Her group had to go to the nearest safe room. As she said, her Uni in London barely had a tannoy system, never mind a safe room!! It definitely shook her at the time (not to mention me!!) but quickly became an anecdote. Oh the naivety of the young....I'm still having nightmares!! Hope your headless chicken routine is calming down a little. Remember to breathe!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute idea as a gift! Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute wee tea pouches! I promise she'll eventually stop telling you about these things when standing around for firemen in jammies in the middle of the night is de rigeur ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Crikey, what a start to the week! I hope it got quieter as the days went on?! Love the teabag pouches!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo