Thursday 27 September 2012

Luscious Linen!

Today I had the pleasure of discovering a gem of a place right here on my doorstep!

In my local fabric shop this morning I was told about a manufacturer of Irish Linen, who are situated right here in Belfast (in fact 10 mins drive from where I live!) & are open to the public.

I had no hesitation in driving there to find out more!


John England Irish Linen have 100's of bolts of quality linen, in all weights and colours you can imagine!

Here in Northern Ireland, we have a rich history in linen making, and John England is carrying on that legacy.

Members of the public can drule over avail of the many off cuts and ends of bolts, at cut down prices.

Here's what I bought today:


These 3 are coated to make them waterproof!  Excellent for bag-making!

So if you're local and love linen, pop on down to John England and pick up a bargain!

15 comments:

  1. Oh wow - I just had some black Essex linen arrive today and thought - hmmm need more linen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a find! You have some beauties there. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I'd known about this when I was in Belfast a couple of weeks ago! I shall bookmark it for my next trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stop. It! I am off to learn more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yummy! Although I did have to have a giggle about Mr England's Irish linen ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a find... and just down the road!
    Wonder if I have time to skoot down there tomorrow???

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I was in college, I used their Linen for a menswear collection, still remember the beautiful quality of their fabrics......memories!!!!!
    Lucky you, having them on your doorstep :)
    Have a great weekend
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I wish I could get there...Maybe a trip to Belfast is in order! Maybe next year though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look beautiful - I've never heard of this place. Good to know.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wish I was local, they look absolutely gorgeous! Great find Judith!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that Irish linen looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. If only I was local! I'd meet you there and have a natter over those bolt ends!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You'll have to set up an export business for all of us who aren't local!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo